Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Reflection #6

My, where do i start? Field was a great experience i learned so much. I loved it and can't wait to get my own classroom. My favorite part was the art projects that the students worked on. First we had them color a Utah map of lake Bonneville, the mountains, plateaus, and basins. We had them write a key then the next day we had them make a salt dough map. Wow what a great success! They loved it and it was so fun to see how creative each students were. I loved walking around and seeing them put waves in the water (some of the boys put boats) the mountains were different shapes and sizes, some put arches in the plateau area. It was so much fun the whole 3 1/2 weeks i didn't want it to end. When we were discussion our lesson plans with our teacher, she said you may not want to do salt dough cause it is a mess and a nightmare, well when the day came she was amazed at how smooth it went. she said she was sorry for even saying she thought it would be a mess. I feel that we had everything so well prepared that it went smooth. The students made comments on how they loved the salt dough maps. I feel you can integrate art into your lesson plans. Whether it be dance, music, drama or visual arts. It can all be a great experience for teachers and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment